Quick Easy Hair Binner - for hair, brows, beards - UPDATED 7/10/2011 v1.1.02
- bug fix: no crashing on old files like Anva and helaene brows
- bug fix: OK button works on filenames with [ ] in name
- bug fix: picking the .. directory always works correctly
- bug fix: file popups removed to stop redraw bug
What does it do?
Bin all the hair / eyebrows / beards cluttering your custom color bin!
Got 4 grays, all identical, cluttering your elder bin? Make them 1 grey! (Extra grey textures are REMOVED, not just hidden!)
Nice adult hair with boring Maxis child and toddler hair? Remove ages!
Got hair that disappears if you change hair color? Familify it!
Bushy brows on ladies? Plucked brows on men? Make them ladies/men only!
Hair missing from outerwear and maternity? Fix it!
Let townies have nice hair too!
Quick and Easy
Do all four colors at once! Do all ages/genders at once!
Do binning, 1 grey, familify, remove ages, brow gender, and compress, all at once!
Don't need SimPE (binning plugin)! Faster than Wardrobe Wrangler!
How to install
Windows: Download. Unzip. Double click the *.exe file to run.
Do NOT remove the *.dll nor *.manifest files.
Mac: I plan to add a Mac version in the future.
How to use
1) Select four files (black, brown, blond, red) by clicking the "..." buttons.
2) Click the "Bin" button.
3) Your files are now binned! (And you have *.bak files.)
That's it! Quick! Easy!
HUGE THANKS to all folks helping test, making suggestions, reporting issues.
Thanks to benrg, whose DBPF compression library I use (as does jfade).
Thanks to jfade for the Wardrobe Wrangler, which is still nifty for clothes and accessories!
Thanks to the makers of for a great tool. I used it along with BodyShop to verify that the hair binner works correctly.
Thanks to Theo (author of the binning SimPE_plugin) and AmberDiceless at MATY for helpful discussion, long, long, long ago.
Thanks to Phaenoh for her very good design suggestions, and for this great hair tutorial.
You can now do many of the steps in that tutorial with the hair binner instead of or Wardrobe Wrangler.
|Filename - Tip: You can click the magnifying glass to see the archive contents||Size||Downloads||Date|
|WIN_hairBinner_20110710_1.1.02.7z||850.2 KB||7,937||11th Jul 2011|
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Windows Vista/7/8: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
4. Place in Program Files: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your appropriate Install folder:
- Windows XP: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Windows Vista/7/8: C:\Program Files(x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 (Your Latest EP)\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins
- Mac: APPLICATIONS FOLDER -> THE SIMS 2 -> TSDATA -> RES -> CATALOG
Need more information?
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- Anyone can use both .rar and .zip files easily! On Windows, use WinRAR. On Mac, use Stuffit.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Users who thanked this download also thanked:
Expansion/Stuff packs required:
253 Comments / replies (Who?)
If you don't already have jfade's nifty Wardrobe Wrangler, why not?
It's not as quick and easy when hair binning, but does other things,
like clothes and accessory binning.
Here is Theo's very nifty binning plugin for .