Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 6:25 PM
Replies: 404 (Who?), Viewed: 21654 times.
Page 17 of 17
Alchemist
#401 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmful
Don't forget 'planting and tending' on the hydroponic plant 'slacker' career reward
I always wondered why they produced such ugly 'flowers'....

Wait.... :o

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#402 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 1:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
So here's my unpopular opinion: I dislike overly cartoony faces. They don't blend well when it comes to to producing offspring, I don't find them funny, I don't find them charming. They aren't my taste. It's not fun, imho when the Ottoman twins get spawned and they look like mangy ratpeople. And no this isn't against people "who aren't conventionally attractive", because no real life person looks like that.

Only a very small minority would disagree with you I suspect. Yes, faces that have characteristics only meshed (as opposed to real) faces could have get fixed right away in my game, like when a face has sharp edges or has wacky proportions. When I posted a while back about actually liking most of the the Maxis faces I in no way wanted to imply I liked the faces to look like abstract art . People disagree about what looks 'too' cartoony maybe, but most of us want the faces to look reasonable realistic in relative proportions (so not a nose that's 1/4 of the surface of the face, dear Maxis) and be relatively smooth in shape.
(On the other hand, some real life people have really unfortunate genes (expressed), don't underestimate how weird real-life humans can look.)
Alchemist
#403 Old 15th Aug 2018 at 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa-WP
Only a very small minority would disagree with you I suspect. Yes, faces that have characteristics only meshed (as opposed to real) faces could have get fixed right away in my game, like when a face has sharp edges or has wacky proportions. When I posted a while back about actually liking most of the the Maxis faces I in no way wanted to imply I liked the faces to look like abstract art . People disagree about what looks 'too' cartoony maybe, but most of us want the faces to look reasonable realistic in relative proportions (so not a nose that's 1/4 of the surface of the face, dear Maxis) and be relatively smooth in shape.
(On the other hand, some real life people have really unfortunate genes (expressed), don't underestimate how weird real-life humans can look.)

I've found that having different default skin tones makes a huge difference in how the weird sim faces looks. Try CatofEvilGenius' age-modified Hysterical Paroxysm Idolatry of Flesh skins and compare them to Pooklet's We've got Obsessions skins on the same sims. They look totally different from each other as well as totally different from Maxis' skins on the same facial structure.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#404 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 2:41 AM
I don't like color-themed residential lots or apartments. No offense to anyone who decorates like this, you do you, I just find it silly to have all the objects and decorations in every room of the house done in the same color. If I saw that in real life, I'd think the owners were nuts, but even with sims, I can't imagine every man, woman and child sim would want their toilet the same color as their bedding, fridge and living room rug.

If you desperately want to do this for the sake of designation, at least pick a theme color that's more subtle than the blinding school bus yellow and firetruck red tones.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#405 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 3:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
By now it seems to me that disliking cartoony faces is the unpopular opinion around here.

So here's my unpopular opinion: I dislike overly cartoony faces. They don't blend well when it comes to to producing offspring, I don't find them funny, I don't find them charming. They aren't my taste. It's not fun, imho when the Ottoman twins get spawned and they look like mangy ratpeople. And no this isn't against people "who aren't conventionally attractive", because no real life person looks like that.

Except it isn't because they are cartoony. The Ottomas family grandmother is a good example of an overworked face not a cartoony one and most times the twins inherit her facial structure which when combined with the others produces weird cheeks, eye sockets and chins. Any overly worked sim face (think celebrity ones) will produce ugly offspring.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 17 of 17