Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 16788 (Who?), Viewed: 385320 times.
Page 672 of 672
Field Researcher
#16776 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
This mod says it comes with a list of all the changes made, so it sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to replicate all their changes in the mod you already use, so you can have the best of both worlds.


I don't know how to replicate the changes, or what that even means.. What if I switch my Want Trees with the Fewer Hobby Wants and keep the nohobbywantspam Mod? Or is that conflict?

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it
Test Subject
#16777 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 6:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren5
I don't know how to replicate the changes, or what that even means.. What if I switch my Want Trees with the Fewer Hobby Wants and keep the nohobbywantspam Mod? Or is that conflict?

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it


Fewer hobby wants won't conflict with nohobbyspam, so if you want to try using both you can.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Forum Resident
#16778 Old Yesterday at 2:40 AM
Question about controllers - in my experience of using them, controllers are objects that are created automatically by the game and sit around on lots doing whatever is in their Function - Main function, for eternity. But from looking at the code, it looks like the party controller is actually instantiated by the function that launches the party, and deletes itself after the party is done. The main difference I see is the controllers I've used have a line in the Function - Init function that sets their category to "social plugin controller". So, if you don't include that line, the controller doesn't generate itself on lots by default?
Mad Poster
#16779 Old Yesterday at 3:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
One of my favourite moments was a few hoods ago, when the cooking hobby club instructor barged in just as the stove caught fire.



*stops* *looks* You know what. Never mind.
Instructor
#16780 Old Yesterday at 2:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrellyn
Question about controllers - in my experience of using them, controllers are objects that are created automatically by the game and sit around on lots doing whatever is in their Function - Main function, for eternity. But from looking at the code, it looks like the party controller is actually instantiated by the function that launches the party, and deletes itself after the party is done. The main difference I see is the controllers I've used have a line in the Function - Init function that sets their category to "social plugin controller". So, if you don't include that line, the controller doesn't generate itself on lots by default?


For an item to automatically generate it needs to be set as 'SimType' (0x0007) in the OBJD, controllers that don't automatically generate are usually type 'Normal' (0x0004), this is not just for controllers but for careers, TV stations etc. which also automatically generate just like controllers.
I recently noticed the only difference between the TV station template which does not automatically generate and a real TV station is the value for 'is global sim object' is not set (in the OBJD Raw Data tab) so I guess that also needs to be set.
Lab Assistant
#16781 Old Yesterday at 5:34 PM
It has been a while since I used default replacement for the alien skin, so I was wondering if there is some extra step? I am trying to use this one, and nothing happens! Am I doing something wrong?
Forum Resident
#16782 Old Yesterday at 5:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannisim
It has been a while since I used default replacement for the alien skin, so I was wondering if there is some extra step? I am trying to use this one, and nothing happens! Am I doing something wrong?


For me the most common problem is if I think I removed all the old defaults, but didn't.
Lab Assistant
#16783 Old Yesterday at 5:56 PM
This is a new cc folder though. So there shouldn't be any other default. *sigh*
Forum Resident
#16784 Old Yesterday at 6:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hatch
For an item to automatically generate it needs to be set as 'SimType' (0x0007) in the OBJD, controllers that don't automatically generate are usually type 'Normal' (0x0004), this is not just for controllers but for careers, TV stations etc. which also automatically generate just like controllers.
I recently noticed the only difference between the TV station template which does not automatically generate and a real TV station is the value for 'is global sim object' is not set (in the OBJD Raw Data tab) so I guess that also needs to be set.


I thought that too, but the party controller is set to SimType.
Mad Poster
#16785 Old Yesterday at 8:09 PM
Is there a way to delay ACR's timers when they reach zero? It's often at the worst possible times and when canceled from queue just come up again a minute or two later.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Forum Resident
#16786 Old Today at 4:52 AM
What's the best way to tell from a BHAV if a sim is asleep? I see "Stack Object's motive Sleep state" as a thing I can compare against, but what is the value of that when a sim is asleep?
Theorist
#16787 Old Today at 5:00 AM
Stack Object's motive (Sleep state) < Literal 0x0000. If true, the Sim is asleep.
Forum Resident
#16788 Old Today at 5:01 AM
Thanks!
Instructor
#16789 Old Today at 5:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Is there a way to delay ACR's timers when they reach zero? It's often at the worst possible times and when canceled from queue just come up again a minute or two later.


There is the the Church lot setting, which slows timer decay (though doesn't stop it). The only other way I can think of is to change their autonomy to disallow woohoo until you're done with whatever it is you don't want interrupted. Sometimes, if I know I have something coming up (such as a headmaster visit), I'll send them to have woohoo early to reset their timer to the max.
Page 672 of 672
Back to top