Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 10:07 PM
Replies: 6136 (Who?), Viewed: 226730 times.
Page 246 of 246
Lab Assistant
#6126 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 7:25 AM
I noticed that if two sims have handheld games in their inventory, they can play together!

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Theorist
#6127 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 9:52 AM
Lab Assistant
#6128 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 11:16 AM
I discovered that any Maxis lot, occupied or not, has Sim references which have to be cleaned first.
Lab Assistant
#6129 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 4:04 PM
If you make a pond, then click undo, it wipes out all the terrain paint on that area.

This was a good thing- I was trying to get it back to normal to blend with the surrounding hood terrain, so I was able to just cover the lot with a pond.
Field Researcher
#6130 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredzone
If you make a pond, then click undo, it wipes out all the terrain paint on that area.

This was a good thing- I was trying to get it back to normal to blend with the surrounding hood terrain, so I was able to just cover the lot with a pond.

Hold the right click-button and use the terrain paint does the same thing.
Mad Poster
#6131 Old 17th Jun 2018 at 9:57 PM
Or hold down ctrl, just like you would with a floor.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Scholar
#6132 Old Yesterday at 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelotic2001
I discovered that any Maxis lot, occupied or not, has Sim references which have to be cleaned first.
This also includes the CAS and young adult CAS lots, found in game data \TSData\Res\GlobalLots. Sucks.

Felicity Island! :D
"When people put their mind to things, when people are inspired, when people are motivated; anything is possible. I saw a naked woman riding a giant telephone." -nicepeter
Mad Poster
#6133 Old Yesterday at 2:42 PM
We don't actually know that these references hurt anything, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6134 Old Yesterday at 6:03 PM
I'm going to assume that everyone knows that the Sims series was based on Abraham Maslow's theory of self-actualization.

Today, while browsing I came across this article that discusses it and why some do not think it's actually or totally accurate. I found it educational:

Understanding Maslow's Theory of Self-Actualization

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Alchemist
#6135 Old Yesterday at 6:13 PM
The "Water's Flow" painting worth $300 also functions as a light. It has a cute little animation too when the light is switched on.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#6136 Old Yesterday at 7:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I'm going to assume that everyone knows that the Sims series was based on Abraham Maslow's theory of self-actualization.

Today, while browsing I came across this article that discusses it and why some do not think it's actually or totally accurate. I found it educational:

Understanding Maslow's Theory of Self-Actualization

Yes, we are talking about this here. Very interesting reading. There also says that Sims 2 describes all levels of the hierarchy in contrast to other games.
Top Secret Researcher
#6137 Old Yesterday at 8:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
The "Water's Flow" painting worth $300 also functions as a light. It has a cute little animation too when the light is switched on.

My grandmother used to have an animated light similar to that. Those animated lamps were popular at one time. Most of the old ones seem to be round, but I have seen flat ones like the one in the game.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ih=752&dpr=1.25
Page 246 of 246