Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 6808 (Who?), Viewed: 265465 times.
Page 273 of 273
Alchemist
#6801 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 11:10 PM
You don't need to blast off the house with music when there's a fruit punch keg to entertain your party guests instead. Although this is my first experience.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Theorist
#6802 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
You don't need to blast off the house with music when there's a fruit punch keg to entertain your party guests instead. Although this is my first experience.
first experience for a sim party?
from my experience, the key for a successful party is lots of quick relationship-building socials.
Alchemist
#6803 Old 11th Dec 2018 at 11:25 PM
first experience with a punch keg on parties without stereo.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#6804 Old Yesterday at 2:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Yes, but you need to open the cheat box/console to do so.

Of course. I was just giving a general tip
Test Subject
#6805 Old Yesterday at 10:59 AM
Apparently, if you age up child sims with the freetime aging thing, they will keep the grow up aspiration, and it will glitch out the date meter. I wonder if there's a fix for it...
Mad Poster
#6806 Old Yesterday at 11:06 AM
You need to change the aspiration to one of the adult ones, and give them turn-ons, and so on. You can do it with SimPE, and probably other editing tools.

If you're not comfortable with any of the editing tools, you can move them in, assign them an aspiration with the Renu-Orb, and then (if you like) make them townies again.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#6807 Old Yesterday at 8:42 PM
about keeping the Grow Up aspiration when aging a Child with Freetime; the wikia site told that is either a glitch or a bug.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Townie...used_by_Townies
#5 in that list.
Mad Poster
#6808 Old Yesterday at 9:01 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : Yesterday at 9:17 PM.
Glitches and bugs are pretty much the same thing.

Fun fact: The first computer bug was a literal one (though 'bug' was also an engineering term before that). A moth had gotten trapped in a relay for the Mark II, causing an error:

Although she wasn't actually the one to discover the moth, this story was publicized by Grace Hopper, who was one of the pioneers of computer programming.

Another fun fact (only tangentially related, though): Early high-speed printers tended to produce a lot of heat. So if something went wrong, say a paper jam, it could potentially cause it to catch fire (not helped at all by paper dust and the alcohol-based cleaning solutions). So, for any unknown printer error, old Unix systems would display the error message lp0 on fire (or printer on fire) to motivate any operators to go take a look. My favourite line in the Wikipedia article is "The message did not reliably indicate whether the printer in question was actually on fire."

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

If you have any questions about YOPD, feel free to PM me. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Welcome to Oakbrook.
Theorist
#6809 Old Yesterday at 9:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
Apparently, if you age up child sims with the freetime aging thing, they will keep the grow up aspiration, and it will glitch out the date meter. I wonder if there's a fix for it...

I don't know of a fix, but I do know of two alternatives.

Syberspunk made a mod where you can age up any townie or other sim just by clicking on them and asking them to grow up. I use the version with no relationship requirements. Get both zip files. The variously flavored controllers are all included so you can pick which one you want to use.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4842.0.html

Ancient Highway made a mod where any sim on the current lot at 6:00 pm will age one day. This includes NPCs as well as townies. Get the improved version in the second post. The first version will conflict with a lot of other mods. The second one shouldn't.
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8058.0

Additional info here. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8685.0
Page 273 of 273