Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 3102 (Who?), Viewed: 375583 times.
Page 125 of 125
Test Subject
#3101 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 12:09 AM Last edited by ToriOlivia : 8th Nov 2018 at 8:29 AM.
Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I popped back into this thread and I've missed playing my sims 2 ToT so I finally loaded up my save a couple days ago and I'm getting back into the groove of playing. I'm trying to juggle playing a wishacy challenge, apocalypse challenge, and this ToT challenge so it should be interesting to see how long I can keep it all going lol.

Since I've been playing, I've noticed that Inteen doesn't seem to be working anymore in my hoods. I couldn't get any female (adult) sims pregnant through 'risky' woohoo or try for baby. I'd even try using hacks like The Sim Blender and little blue birth control clock from Inteen to force a pregnancy but nothing would happen. When I removed Inteen from my downloads, the female sims I'd try to get pregnant would instantly get pregnant successfully. I figure I must have installed some hack or hacks that are conflicting with Inteen, but I haven't figured out what it could be yet.
In the meantime, I've decided to play without Inteen, but it's kinda hard to play a ToT without being able to have teens marry, woohoo, and having babies. (I know everyone doesn't agree to allow teens to have those privileges in game but I'm playing my challenge in a historical sense) I'm been trying to find some other hacks that basically do what Inteen allows me to do. If anyone has any suggestions on what hacks work best as well as what load order will make everything work well together I'd appreciate it!

This is what I have installed so far:
ACR ( this should allow teen/adult relationships and well as other things)
romance mod from MATY
no instant love from MATY
Chris Hatch Alternate Pregnancy Controller (Pets version) (this should allows teens/adults to get pregnant/give birth, birth control and miscarriages but teens cannot woohoo/try for baby?)
Woohoo Teens (Apartment Life Version) (allows teens to woohoo duh lol)

I did a test with two teen sims who were in love and going steady and they were able to woohoo but there was no try for baby option or propose marriage option so I'm guessing I'll need another hack that enables teen marriage too. I'm gonna do some more google searching but feel free to chime in. Sorry this was so long LOL!

EDIT: I went back through my downloads first removing anything related to pregnancy, then used the 50/50 method with those pregnancy related hacks and lastly the process of elimination and found the hack that was conflicting with Inteen. Silly me didn't read carefully and installed the extended family hack. Once removed, Inteen is working well again as before so crisis is averted lol. I really did like the idea of the extended family hack because I hate the fact that sims don't recognize their second cousins as family. If anyone knows of a hack that is basically the same as extended family but doesn't conflict with Inteen let me know!
Field Researcher
#3102 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 7:10 PM
@ToriOlivia It's great that you managed to find the conflicting hack. And I don't want to be the one to break the bad news, but I'm fairly certain that it is impossible to play this challenge with a hack that makes second cousins family. At least not if you go by the original rules (10 founders, only allowed to add 1 single, adult sim during the Roman era). As I said in my last post, fourth generations sims can only marry if they don't share a grandparent. Now, if you play with the extended family hack, they couldn't have a common great-grandparent either. For the fourth generation, the great-grandparents are going to be the founders and each sim is going to have 8 of those as their great-grandparents. So, if you play with less than 16 founders, it's impossible to not have an overlap of great-grandparents between two sims, which means that all the sims from the fourth generation are going to be related.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Instructor
#3103 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 3:38 AM
My sims are still back in the Old Stone Age. The Ice Age is beginning to wind down. When travel becomes possible the clans will be migrating to a new territory where the hunting/foraging is better. And they will learn to farm. They have not invented marriage yet. The women decide who they want to mate with and when so half siblings are numerous. Early man probably didn't even know what part men played in producing the next generation. I've read that when England colonized Australia, they found that the aboriginal inhabitants believed that women became pregnant when a spirit jumped into their bodies. The carvings and statuettes made by stone age man indicate high veneration of the pregnant female. So I have made my clans matriarchal. Family name and inheritance will go through the mother. In ancient times most population groups were so small that if siblings and cousins could not marry, the group would have soon died out. The problems that can come with incest did not appear until later. History says that the Egyptian pharaohs married their sisters, if they had one. In the Bible, It says that Abraham and Sarah were half-siblings. So it was common throughout those times. So my sims will be mating with whomever they have the highest attractions with. But it will be a while yet till we get to Rome. I plan on running at least one generation through the Neolithic/early farming era, then one each in Sumeria, Egypt and Greece. Will probably have to have multiple hoods.
Page 125 of 125