Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

clsve

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 13820 (Who?), Viewed: 305802 times.
Page 553 of 553
Field Researcher
#13801 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsve
To work with Behavior Functions in a package-file:
1. In Resource Tree click on Behavior Function
2. In Resource List select wanted function
3. Choose Plugin View

In Plugin View you have the code on left-hand side and the tools to edit the code on the right-hand side.

I just opened SimPE back up and I followed the first 2 steps but the windows are empty. Do I need to open Neighborhood Browser? I'm still new to this and I only used SimPE to extract sims, so I'm a little lost :s

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Lab Assistant
#13802 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:32 PM
Open SimPE select File/Open and navigate to your package-file and click OK when you have found it.
Top Secret Researcher
#13803 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
where's the Behavior Function Editor located in SimPE? I just downloaded Cyjon's Smarter EP Check and I'm trying to follow their instructions on how to get it recognized but I don't think I have the BFE.
Stupid question - are you planning to make a mod? Because if not, you don't have to make the package recognized. Just put it in your Downloads folder, like other mods. If you are trying to make a mod and edit BHAVS (Behavior functions) there are several good tutorials that someone can link you to.
Field Researcher
#13804 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
Stupid question - are you planning to make a mod? Because if not, you don't have to make the package recognized. Just put it in your Downloads folder, like other mods. If you are trying to make a mod and edit BHAVS (Behavior functions) there are several good tutorials that someone can link you to.

Nope, I'm just following this guide here http://cyjon.net/node/321. Cyjon said it's optional to do but I'm gonna install some mods of theirs that require this one. I just wanted to make sure it installed correctly so I won't run into any problems, but if it's fine to leave it like it is then I'll leave it alone.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Top Secret Researcher
#13805 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:42 PM
Yeah, it's fine to just put it in your folder. Those instructions are for modders who want to use his EP check function in their own mods.
Field Researcher
#13806 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:47 PM Last edited by Primavera : Yesterday at 12:00 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
Yeah, it's fine to just put it in your folder. Those instructions are for modders who want to use his EP check function in their own mods.

Okay. I can never be too sure, you know? Thank you and to @clsve for clearing things up for me

EDIT: just thought of this, sorry. Can I have different subfolders in my UC Downloads folder? Like I have it organized as 'BO's mods' and 'CJ's (Cyjon) mods', so the folder itself wouldn't get so crowded. Is that a safe thing to do or do I have to stick all of those packages in the actual Downloads folder?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Mad Poster
#13807 Old Yesterday at 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
Can I have different subfolders in my UC Downloads folder? Like I have it organized as 'BO's mods' and 'CJ's (Cyjon) mods', so the folder itself wouldn't get so crowded. Is that a safe thing to do or do I have to stick all of those packages in the actual Downloads folder?
Unless I have misunderstood your question, the answer is yes. Most of us have loads of subfolders inside our Downloads folder. The only exception is if you were just playing base game -- in base game you had to have all CC and mods in the Downloads folder itself. But when Maxis introduced EPs, they allowed you to put your CC and hacks in subfolders. I think there may be a limit on how deeply you can nest subfolders, but I haven't reached it yet.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#13808 Old Yesterday at 1:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Unless I have misunderstood your question, the answer is yes. Most of us have loads of subfolders inside our Downloads folder. The only exception is if you were just playing base game -- in base game you had to have all CC and mods in the Downloads folder itself. But when Maxis introduced EPs, they allowed you to put your CC and hacks in subfolders. I think there may be a limit on how deeply you can nest subfolders, but I haven't reached it yet.

I have it set up like this:

https://prntscr.com/jk38y9
https://prntscr.com/jk38ss

They're all separate from each other. Any other mod that's not part of a set I downloaded goes inside the Downloads folder. I have one more set of mods I'm gonna add to a subfolder, but I just wanted to make sure.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Scholar
#13809 Old Yesterday at 1:30 AM
Technically, you can subfolder as deep as the computer will let you - the file path has a character limit, beyond which it won't work at all. I found this a few laptops ago when downloading HP's Modesty Set - HP has looooong filenames, and even a few subfolders will cause you to hit that limit. However, the more subfolders you nest together, the longer the game takes to load.

I've found that aside from mods (which might go as deep as 5 subfolders), I'm trying to keep CC to a maximum of 4 subfolders deep to keep load times manageable, while still keeping it organized. However, now that I've learnt how to bundle CC together, I'm hoping to lose that 4th level eventually. Mods, however, will remain as they are.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.

My MTS Yearbook 2014 page
Field Researcher
#13810 Old Yesterday at 1:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selly_2009
Technically, you can subfolder as deep as the computer will let you - the file path has a character limit, beyond which it won't work at all. I found this a few laptops ago when downloading HP's Modesty Set - HP has looooong filenames, and even a few subfolders will cause you to hit that limit. However, the more subfolders you nest together, the longer the game takes to load.

I've found that aside from mods (which might go as deep as 5 subfolders), I'm trying to keep CC to a maximum of 4 subfolders deep to keep load times manageable, while still keeping it organized. However, now that I've learnt how to bundle CC together, I'm hoping to lose that 4th level eventually. Mods, however, will remain as they are.

I'll remember this for future reference. I just booted my game and it loaded normally with the mods I have in those subfolders, it gave me the CC dialog prompt without any trouble. I'll test them all and see if they work.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Mad Poster
#13811 Old Yesterday at 1:59 AM
Primavera, if anything I think you're being excessively cautious. My Downloads folder contains 5,050 Files in 98 sub-folders, and I play on a 7-year-old netbook computer with 2GB of RAM. But I'm happy to live with load times of 15 minutes or more -- I'd rather do that than play without my CC.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
#13812 Old Yesterday at 2:53 AM
One of my lots broke. When I tried to load it, the game crashed, consistently. I moved the sims out of the lot with no problems, and moved them into a different lot, also with no problems, so I think the problem is the lot. I've had this happen before, although not in this hood.

Question 1: Is there any way to find out what is wrong with the lot, so that I can avoid this in the future?

Question 2: Should I/is it ok to bulldoze the lot? Right now I have just renamed it Broken so that I don't use it again and left it in the neighborhood. There aren't any graves or anything like that on the lot that I know will cause a problem if they are deleted.
Mad Poster
#13813 Old Yesterday at 3:16 AM
Bulldozing it is probably the best, as it is the simplest, thing to do, as long as you're certain there's no graves on it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#13814 Old Yesterday at 4:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Primavera, if anything I think you're being excessively cautious. My Downloads folder contains 5,050 Files in 98 sub-folders, and I play on a 7-year-old netbook computer with 2GB of RAM. But I'm happy to live with load times of 15 minutes or more -- I'd rather do that than play without my CC.

Yeah I am, although the only reason is that if anything happens to this desktop (still brand new, over $1k) my mom would tan my hide . I know it won't come to that but I'm learning as I go along. Either way the mods work with no hiccups thus far, and I hope it stays that way!

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Top Secret Researcher
#13815 Old Yesterday at 5:31 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : Yesterday at 8:14 AM. Reason: fix wrong info
A good habit to get into with your Downloads folder: remove any and all nonstandard characters from folders and file names. Also spaces. There should only be upper case letters, lower case letters and numbers.

EDIT: Hyphens and underscores are also okay.

For example, rename the folder "BO's mods" to "BoilingOil-mods" or even just "BoilingOil". There are some content makers that you'll come across who insist on using miles-long file names with fancy brackets, tildes and other characters that should be removed. It's a pain to fix, but your game and your computer will thank you for it. Maybe somebody can recommend a batch-renaming program for this.
Lab Assistant
#13816 Old Yesterday at 5:47 AM
Ok, maybe this question is dumb, but: is hottub woohoo broken without mods? I had to use it without ACR recently, and sometimes the cuddle interaction looks like it's working, but then the sims move apart instead of staying cuddled, and sometimes the woohoo interaction works but more often the sims just move apart and nothing happens. I honestly can't remember the last time I had anyone woohoo in a hottub without ACR, but recently this has happened with two different pairs of sims in a hottub. Also, the one time I finally got it to work, I got a cinematic even though both sims had woohooed, in and out of a hottub, before.
Field Researcher
#13817 Old Yesterday at 6:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
A good habit to get into with your Downloads folder: remove any and all nonstandard characters from folders and file names. Also spaces. There should only be upper case letters, lower case letters and numbers.

For example, rename the folder "BO's mods" to "BoilingOil-mods" or even just "BoilingOil". There are some content makers that you'll come across who insist on using miles-long file names with fancy brackets, tildes and other characters that should be removed. It's a pain to fix, but your game and your computer will thank you for it. Maybe somebody can recommend a batch-renaming program for this.

Noted! Will do that first thing tomorrow, and I'll check on the files I unzipped too.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Instructor
#13818 Old Yesterday at 8:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxEllen1965
Maybe somebody can recommend a batch-renaming program for this.

The Bulk Rename Utility. It has all the necessary options.
Mad Poster
#13819 Old Yesterday at 10:00 AM
I do bulk renaming a little at a time. While in there, I also try shortening file names and getting rid of certain subfolders within subfolders within subfolders. I actually found a couple of blank folders while cleaning things up! Folders within folders within folders don't make much sense when you have only one or two files in each. I'm finding that while I still have a lag when a Sim chooses clothing, it seems a little shorter. Once I finish clothing and hairstyles, next would be various wallpapers and floors. I remember more than a few brackets and super-subfoldered files within those. Then everything else.

I'm about 99% sure the answer is, "Sure. Why not?" but I find myself missing vampires and do not have a Downtown, nor do I want one. It's perfectly fine to turn a Sim into a vampire using a mod or cheat, even without a Downtown, correct? I have lots of vampire mods that cut down on the Hollywood-esque vampire touches, and allow my Sims to go out in the sun for a while, as well as the overlay that makes their skins paler, but not that sickish Maxis color. I forgot what they look like now ... it's been so long. And I figure I can always cure them if I don't like the result.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#13820 Old Yesterday at 3:16 PM
Nothing wrong with hot tub woohoo in my game, and I don't mod erotic actions. The moving away from each other happens on the bed sometimes, too, and seems to be related to how tired one or both partners are. I also get extra cinematics after the first time sometimes, mostly with Romance sims. If these are glitches, there's no reason to think they're not normal glitches.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#13821 Old Today at 9:15 AM
Is there a way to find out what mesh a recolour uses if you aren't sure?
Page 553 of 553