Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 8:00 AM
Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 419 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 9:13 AM
A bug with roommate
Hello everybody!

I am really out of ideas here and I would be forever grateful if someone helped me solve my problem.

The problem is that a sim (Rajan Patel) is stuck between the realms of roommates and household.

We were living together (he as my roommate) in Isla Paradiso, then I moved to Sunset Valley, so he followed. His icon does exist next to mine in lower left corner. He does live with me. I can not control him. In the social menu there is no "Roommates..." option. "Ask to Move In" option does not appear no matter how long I try to be friendly. MasterController does not give me an option to "Add Sim" when trying to add Rajan. Tetsingcheatsenabled true and shift clicking does not give an option to add to current household. Splitting the household and adding Rajan back does not solve the problem. We are married. A baby is on its way... I tried all of this without any mods or CC. No luck.

On one hand, it is kinda cute to spectate him being a man of its own, it is not a huge problem for me. But still. God knows how many errors this situation is causing to my game. Or maybe I am just stupid and missing something? Do you have any ideas? Please help
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:42 PM
Did you play university?
I've seen that happen too. Not the married part, the unselectable roommates. I used an NRAAS mod to move while in university. The room mates from the dorm all moved with me. Sometimes NRAAS mods let you do things that the game can't process. I think it happens with NRAAS Travel.

Edit: Doh! Of course university! Otherwise, no roommates.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 4:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
Did you play university?
I've seen that happen too. Not the married part, the unselectable roommates. I used an NRAAS mod to move while in university. The room mates from the dorm all moved with me. Sometimes NRAAS mods let you do things that the game can't process. I think it happens with NRAAS Travel.

Edit: Doh! Of course university! Otherwise, no roommates.


I heard there's roommates in general game after the update? If I'm not mistaken

That could be it! I think I did have the travelers mod at the time I moved the first time (I moved alot). I deleted it later while trying to lower the count of mods I use... Hmm... Maybe I need to bring the mod back into the game ant try some stuff...

Also, I forgot to mention, that once I moved without Rajan as my roommate, because I split him from household and had him live in another house. After I moved, I was able to ask him to be my roommate again. And that gives me an Idea! If I split him again, and have him live elsewhere, AND I move elsewhere (house is getting small anyways) - I should try asking him to move in with me. Maybe the option will be available!

I will update as soon as I try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:22 PM
Nope, unfortunately, it did not help.
The option to move in was available, but he is not selectable. He is lost in the realms of roommateism forever...
It is very unfortunate because I suspect Rajan has our Graculus (a crow I brought back from Egypt) in his inventory. I found the cage doors open and the bird was gone. No one else could have taken him...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:31 PM
There is a 'transfer from inventory' option on Master Controller,, if I'm not mistaken, so at least you can get your crow back.

Okay, just looked it up,click on sim > Master Controller > Basic > Transfer From

Also have you tried click on sim > MC > Intermediate > Make Active on him? He's already part of your household so add sim may not be what you need, but I think I remember 'make active' working last time I had a similar scenario.

8-1-18 my computer is finally un-fried. I'm back!
.
+ HIATUS - my gran had a stroke, I may not be around much +
.
Raggs Family Legacy (Rags to Riches Challenge) | tumblr | stuff site
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 8:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orose
There is a 'transfer from inventory' option on Master Controller,, if I'm not mistaken, so at least you can get your crow back.

Okay, just looked it up,click on sim > Master Controller > Basic > Transfer From

Also have you tried click on sim > MC > Intermediate > Make Active on him? He's already part of your household so add sim may not be what you need, but I think I remember 'make active' working last time I had a similar scenario.


Hey!

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER.
Nraas>Master Controller>Advanced>Selectability did the trick! Rajan is mine now! THANKS!!!
I found that option while scouting for "Make Active" which was not to be seen anywhere (but the option is available now that Rajan is selectable).

The crow is a goner though. Such a loss... He was a special bird...
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmileeFowler
Hey!

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER.
Nraas>Master Controller>Advanced>Selectability did the trick! Rajan is mine now! THANKS!!!
I found that option while scouting for "Make Active" which was not to be seen anywhere (but the option is available now that Rajan is selectable).

The crow is a goner though. Such a loss... He was a special bird...


No worries, glad I could help a little!

IDK if you have Retuner as well, but is it possible the bird escaped from his inventory, or else didn't get fed and died? I usually adjust the timers for escaping (if in inventory) and dying when I catch something I really wanna keep, lol.

8-1-18 my computer is finally un-fried. I'm back!
.
+ HIATUS - my gran had a stroke, I may not be around much +
.
Raggs Family Legacy (Rags to Riches Challenge) | tumblr | stuff site
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 9:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orose
No worries, glad I could help a little!

IDK if you have Retuner as well, but is it possible the bird escaped from his inventory, or else didn't get fed and died? I usually adjust the timers for escaping (if in inventory) and dying when I catch something I really wanna keep, lol.


Yes, it is possible that the bird escaped the inventory.
But I really doubt that he died of hunger since I was really taking care of him, filling his food bowl every day, usually few times a day. And the open cage doors suggest that the bird was taken out of the cage to play and then...something horrible happened...he probably got squeezed into a mush in Rajans pocket...
RIP Graculus, the Pride of Egypt.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orose
There is a 'transfer from inventory' option on Master Controller,, if I'm not mistaken, so at least you can get your crow back.

Okay, just looked it up,click on sim > Master Controller > Basic > Transfer From

Also have you tried click on sim > MC > Intermediate > Make Active on him? He's already part of your household so add sim may not be what you need, but I think I remember 'make active' working last time I had a similar scenario.

That's right! Forgot about that!
I was teaching a teenager who wasn't in my household how to drive in my motive mobile. She ran off with my car. I can now get it back!

Sims are better than us.
Back to top