Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #3 - posted on 20th Oct 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 26 (Who?), Viewed: 3102 times.
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:19 PM Last edited by Vincent T. : 10th Sep 2017 at 3:15 PM.
Default New world Northeney - beta ready

Just want to relax and let your mind wander? To enjoy freshly caught fish at the restaurant “Beim Smutje”, which is known across the island’s borders? To rediscover your own creativity? Welcome to Northeney, here you can do all this!

For a long time Northeney had stood in the shadow of larger neighbor’s islands. But especially in the last few years this has proved to be a great advantage. While the others have turned into tourist ghettos, Northeney can offer (almost) untouched nature. Enjoy endless walks in the dunes, experience fantastic sunsets (weather permitting), have a barbecue at the beach.
However, please don’t forget to bring a rain jacket and warm socks - here on the island in the Northern hemisphere the weather can change quickly!
Please note also that large parts of the dunes are subject to nature conservancy protection. Please keep on designated trails. Camping is only allowed at official camp sites. Please take your litter with you and keep your dog on a leash at all times.

After two years of working on this world it’s finally ready for a beta release. It started as a small vacation world but somehow grew into a full world.
Northeney is a bit of a mixture of locations. In our world it would probably be located in the South-Western part of the Baltic Sea. Inspirational pictures below are from Hiddensee and the Zingst peninsula. But then, I took a lot of liberties with style and landscaping so it’s not a “real” place anymore. It’s not intended to be a recognisable place.

Things to note about Northeney:
  • It’s a roadless world. Most community lots are centered in town, some are scattered here and there.
  • The world contains most career rabbitholes (with the help of rabbithole rugs, see below).
  • All names and descriptions are yet in German, sorry They will be translated into English for the final version
  • The lighthouse is working - but the effect is only visible if you are on the lot or very close by.
  • The world comes with custom lighting/weather. So if you have a global lighting mod you might want to take it out to see how the island is meant to look.

Overview

The island is roughly divided in to three parts - the town, the village and the remainder In the town you’ll find most rabbitholes and residentals. It’s the cultural center of the island and offers plenty of activities.

The village consists mostly of former farm houses or houses for the farm workers. They have been turned into family homes, often with stables. Orchards and pastures are close.

Large parts of the island are dunes though, inviting long walks at the beach or exploring the area on horseback. Fishing is possible almost everywhere.

List of Residental lots
All residental lots are fully usable and ready to play. To keep object count low, only some are fully decorated, some of them come with basic furniture only. All are CaSt'ed in the style of the world. Quite a few of them offer enough space to expand housing. Some lots are rather tiny though

List of Community lots

Thanks and credits

Any feedback is welcome! I would especially appreciate input about lot types - what is required for the band career (Late Night)? Is it enough to place musical instruments or does it require certain lot types?

Also, would you prefer that I include the RH rugs in the download (as separate packages) if possible? Or are these so common that everybody has them anyway? Or should I just provide links to the download pages?

Thanks for offering your help with testing but I think I have enough testers now

Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:20 PM Last edited by Vincent T. : 10th Sep 2017 at 2:52 PM.
Default Residental lots
Hillside House

Familyfriendly home with a beautiful view and a small garden. (3 br, 2 ba, crib, sleeps 4)
Lot Size: 25x15
Price (furnished): 37.755

Eerkjes Farm

Spacious former farmhouse with a garden, stables and lots of room for expansion. (3 br, 2 ba, crib, 2 stables, sleeps 4+)
Lot Size: 40x40
Price (furnished): 76.632

Hill House

There are lots of rumours about the lady who lived here for a long time. (1 br, 1 ba, sleeps 2)
Lot Size: 20x20
Price (furnished): 58.737

Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:20 PM Last edited by Vincent T. : 5th Sep 2017 at 9:00 PM.
Default Community lots
The Art Barn

A small community center focused on creativity and art classes. And gossip.

Lot type: Community, Small Park
Lot Size: 25x20
Price (furnished): 42.428

Resort Windjammer

"The decoration is a little tired in places, but the owners are welcoming, the rooms are clean, the bed was comfortable and the food was ample and good." Brad, Aug. 7th

Lot type: Community, Resort
Lot Size: 40x50
Price (furnished): 304.866

The Black Gull

Once a fishing port, now there are mostly pleasure crafts moored. The small shacks of the fishers evolved to the Black Gull - famous for it's onion rings.

Lot type: Community, Dive Bar
Lot Size: 50x60
Price (furnished): 148.592

Southern Beach

This beach can be properly used for splashing in the ocean.

Lot type: Community, Beach
Lot Size: 60x54
Price (furnished): 53.959
Built by Crowkeeper.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:39 PM Last edited by LeeAlee : 5th Sep 2017 at 4:25 AM.
Ooooh, I love everything about Northeney, and your terrain painting and landscaping are top-notch. It's all so awesome I can't stand it (lol), another world for me to drool over, thank you very much

I haven't played 'band' for a long time, but I'm leaning toward needing specific lot types for bands to get gig opportunities.

Many of us have the rabbit hole rugs, but there are people new to playing Sims 3 and it would be less confusing and more appealing to have the needed rugs in a separate folder, ready to go.

Looking so forward to following the creation of this world.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#5 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:44 PM
Looks absolutely lovely! Can't wait to play

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Theorist
#6 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:45 PM
My gosh, that is pretty.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 10:46 PM
I absolutely love this world (but you already knew that
I agree with @LeeAlee that putting the rugs into a separate folder would be nice

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:51 AM
Stunning! Your aesthetic, terrain painting and lot placement is on point. Looking forward to this one!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:12 AM
This is beautiful! I love the houses climbing the hillside. It all looks wonderful. I cannot wait to see it in the game. If wanted I can take a look at it and see if I spot anything, even though I am sure you have gone over it completely. If so, shoot me the link in a PM. I am irritated with Windshorn at the moment and could use a break from it for a few days I think.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 10:58 AM
You also know I love it! This world has a lot of personality and beauty, I love the colours
If you upload it here, IMO this deserves to be featured... just saying :P

Find my stuff and interact with me here:
Nilxis Designs - Simblr
Theorist
#11 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 3:06 PM
Norderney! That's just 2 hours from where I live. All I can say is that it looks great, and it seeing the dunes and pine trees remind me of my times on Schiermonnikoog and Texel

German humor isn't a laughing matter.

#12 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:32 PM
was the title changed to include "beta ready"?

#BlairWitchPetition
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#13 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:11 PM
What a lovely world!

@Vincent T. You can have the lighthouse beam show up from throughout the world if you use a world based effect rather than a lot based effect.

The one used for the Sunset Valley lighthouse is called 'Lighthousefx' and is selectable if you use SuperCAW , or if you splice it in from another world.

The secret is to have the effect placed in the world, but at the same co-ordinates as your lot. This technique is used throughout the EA worlds to have lot based objects show world effects, such as the smoke stacks on the Science rabbitholes or birds flying from the city hall tower.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 9:31 PM
Thanks for the lovely comments, I'm glad you guys like it.

@LeeAlee Thanks... I couldn't find anywhere if only the LN lot types would trigger gigs etc.
Misty doesn't allow her rugs to be included in downloads, but I could at least add Jynx' rugs. Proper links would of course be provided.

@Johnny_Bravo Lucky you I wish I lived that close.

@tizerist Yes.

@simsample Thanks for the tip, that's really clever. But it would be as bright as if placed in the world (without "covering" it with a lot), right? I first had the BG lighthouse placed in combination with that light effect, it was way too strong for a world of this size (and layout). So I was quite happy to contain the beam on a lot (using exactly this effect).
Mad Poster
#15 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 9:57 PM
That looks beautiful. I can't wait to take screenshots in this world.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Forum Resident
#16 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 5:58 AM
More lot pics! I like this more and more the more I see.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#17 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 7:01 AM Last edited by simsample : 8th Sep 2017 at 6:49 AM. Reason: Added spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent T.
@simsample Thanks for the tip, that's really clever. But it would be as bright as if placed in the world (without "covering" it with a lot), right? I first had the BG lighthouse placed in combination with that light effect, it was way too strong for a world of this size (and layout). So I was quite happy to contain the beam on a lot (using exactly this effect).

Ah, I see- yes it would appear the same as the Basegame lighthouse and effect, so maybe too bright for you?
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Ah, I see- yes it would appear the same as the Basegame lighthouse and effect, so maybe too bright for you?

Yes, it was too bright. The lighthouse in Sunset Valley is not as close to the mainland as it is in my world. Also the world is much larger. It looks much better there
Scholar
#19 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 3:08 AM
This world is glorious. Each of the different parts combine to make the whole even better than the sum of the parts.
Here is one of my favorite views from Northeney:

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Theorist
#20 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 2:50 PM
Wow. I'm here to help test it, if you like

#BlairWitchPetition
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 8th Sep 2017 at 5:35 AM
Wow. This world is stunning. Forget my sims, I'd like to move there, lol. I'm happy to help test also, if you're still looking for people. Great work! It looks effortlessly natural.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th Sep 2017 at 2:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
Norderney! That's just 2 hours from where I live
Same with me, it's roughly 165 km north-west of my hometown, Szczecin.

@Vincent T., you may consider downloading a mod which alters the day and night lengths in summer and winter. I think it will match the northerly location of the town. More details HERE.

As far as the world itself is considered, it's really well-made and seems familiar to me (The Baltic sea, unpredictable weather and stuff). I really love its uniqueness. I can't wait to test it out.

Quote:
mornings just hate me + i hate them. thus we avoid each other all together.
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 2:16 PM
Thanks, Wojtek, that mod looks interesting! I changed the time of sunset and sunrise for the island but of course it's not as comprehensive as your mod.

Orose and tizerist, thanks for offering your help with testing but I think I have enough testers now
Instructor
#24 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 2:20 AM
This is stunning... Omigoodness!!! We still have goodies coming out for Sims 3? The terrain painting alone is to die for... Simply breathtaking!!!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#25 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 3:33 PM
Where is the DOWNLOAD button? Where? All I see is pictures, pictures, pictures which make me want a download button even more.
Page 1 of 2